Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Playing With Prezi


In my online travels I recently stumbled across Prezi, a presentation program that claims to put PowerPoint to shame. Having also recently read about the scientifically researched "PowerPoint fatigue" and having seen my own students fall into a slumber over my PowerPoint presentations, I figured the bar was set pretty low. I'd say Prezi has more than cleared it.

Once you get the hang of it, it's fun to use, although it certainly doesn't take any less time to prepare than PowerPoint. You can use text, images, a small selection of shapes, and I'm not sure but I think audio might be possible too.

Check out my experiment: a presentation on Run-On Sentences that I made for my Writing 121 class.

What do you think? Does Prezi have a higher educational value? Or is it just the next tekky fad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home